Another Healing

Another Healing

Wednesday, November 23, 2011

It's Winter!


Yesterday, we had the first skim of ice on our pond that lasted all day.




This morning, we woke to several inches of snow. 





This created a blizzard of Black-capped Chickadees around my feeders. Don't you love the tail shot? And peeking in on the right hand edge is a Tufted Titmouse. They're a bit shy.


I'm really glad I don't have to go anywhere today. I'd love snow, if it wasn't for having to drive in it. I am a TOTAL WIMP when it comes to winter driving, and I live on a road that is a nightmare to get up and down. But on days like today when I get to photograph it, watch it come down while I write, and do some holiday cooking in peace with gentle music playing, yeah, I'm okay with snow. 

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment