Another Healing

Another Healing

Saturday, July 19, 2014

Home...well, Camp!

We're back safely. It seemed really strange not to be going home, but to camp. Now that we're here and unloaded and unpacked, it seems really good to be here. I think the best part of the whole trip was coming back here. For the first time, camp feels like...home.

I've been for a swim with fireflies and two black crowned night herons and huge flock of misquitoes. Someone on the other side of the bay shot off some fireworks. I figured it was in honor of me coming home, but I could be wrong.

Anyway, I feel refreshed. I needed a break from real life for a while. Of course, it's waiting for me, but I feel a bit more able to deal with it.

I wrote for several hours in the backseat today. I'm working on a novel called Jaithe. It started strongly this spring, then kind of locked up. I think it's free flowing again now, which is great. With any luck, the rest of the summer with have more pattern and I can find my balance again. I will rememeber the tides of Fundy and their rythm and find my own.

Thanks for journeying with me these last few days!

No comments:

Post a Comment